Tuesday 19 February 2013

Bedroom Headboard DIY

Today I came across this IKEA meter fabric I had saved during the move - I KNEW I'd find a home for it.
Ideally, I would stretch it on a large canvas stretcher, or use it to upholster a simple headboard - but since we are renting and on a limited budget as we save for a house - we hung it from floor to ceiling for HUGE impact and NO cost.



For me, there is nothing sexier than a soft set of WHITE sheets. I got this set from Joe Fresh, a great quality waffle knit cotton that makes our down comforter feel even more luxe. I like to keep my bedroom simple, and throughout my (many) moves - often stick to black and white, bringing colour only with a few accessories. Here I use a Magenta silk pillow as the ONLY colour in the room. Everything else remains neutral and calm.


*The frames at the side of the bed need to be hung. However I will hang them behind the lamps, as opposed to eye height as usual. It makes it feel more personal, as if they are meant to be on the bedside table.

No comments:

Post a Comment