Monday 11 February 2013

What I'm Wearing

Today was warm, but a little breezy- Spring with a bite. Mario and I are feeling slightly under the weather- but I'd never miss an opportunity to get dressed- so I threw on my toastiest scarf, black wedges and ran some errands feelin confident and warm. A gnarly wedge bootie will make you forget a runny nose like no ones business. It's a fact - look it up.

During the day I wore this - casual and simple but the hat and wedge booties added a little boho slant. I think its important when wearing a very simple outfit, to add interest through texture and detail. In this case, my leggings have leather down the sides, my scarf is an extrasoft luxurious knit and what seems like a plain white tee is actually speckled with color (like rainbow cake -mm).  This ensures that your outfit remains stylish and simple, as opposed to sloppy and PLAIN.

Leather leggings, Ardene
Speckled Tee, Burgundy hat, H&M
Booties, Kohls
Scarf, BCBG
Jacket, Old Navy


On my Travels today I grabbed these odd leggings on sale at H&M ($8) and thought they were a wicked alternative to a plain black. What looks like camo is actually a horse print up close. I love shades of green with neutrals (white, beige, black and grey) but one of my faves is Navy blue - Ill be hunting for a navy sweater to go with these bad boys.
Heres some looks I played with when I got home, and what Im wearing now!

White Linen Long sleeve, Zara
'Camo' Print Leggings, H&M
Black Leather & Suede Tote, H&M 
Watch, Vintage
*Totes are going to be big this summer, promise. Simple in structure, and just about the easiest to wear. This DOES not mean use your old beach tote as a purse. This seasons trend lies in the ease and class of luxe materials and lively colour as an UPDATED classic*

Beige SUUUPER soft sweater, Fairweather (Too cheap to be true)


I do love a sloouchy sweater!! 
*Always pair with an opposing silhouette to avoid unnecessary bulk* 

Same Pants, scarf, and bag - Hair UP + Oversize Glasses.



Sweater, Laura
Booties, ALDO


No comments:

Post a Comment