Wednesday 6 February 2013

What I'm Wearing *Base outfits*


Today was the day - unpack your closet Charly, Jesus!
So I did.. kind of.. well, maybe just dont go in the bedroom.


** I often come back to this idea of layering whatever grabs me ontop of a SIMPLE base outfit. It makes experimenting less daunting when you have something that works as a starting point.**
Try it yourself - start with something simple (Black tank dress and tights/ Jeans and white tee) and try a couple of different things on top until you have a winner.
**Take pictures for a more objective look at what you've tried

Heres some looks I played with, and what I was wearing today...

 
I started with a pair of opaque tights and a simple black tank dress (H&M)
TyeDye Shirt, TOPSHOP
Purse, Natura Barcelona
Watch & Cuff, Vintage

 
Same Tank dress, Watch & Purse
Lace Headwrap, Queen Boutique
Striped Sweater, H&M
Ring, ALDO
Sparkly Uggs (yeah, uggs are played but I love these!), WalMart
 
 
Here, same concept, I started with a simple base...
Black jeans, Joe Fresh
 Peach collared shirt, H&M
  *and layered a Pink/White striped sweater , H&M
Black combat boots (not pictured), ALDO
 
This ended up being girlie up top and badass down low - sort of an outift mullet! I love the juxtaposition of opposites - tough vs girlie, loose vs tight, prim vs boho etc.
 
Lastly, This is what I wore out and about today - *AGAIN SIMPLE BASE* and super comf.

 
 
  
White Crochet tank, H&M
Faded jeans, Roxy
Giraffe Print topper, Kohls
Leather jacket, Nitrogen
Aviators, H&M
Flats, Spring
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment